Dissolved Sulphide Monitor
Now you can actually measure dissolved sulphide even in raw effluent
ATI Model (A15-81)
The dissolved sulphide monitor allows the ability to measure sulphides in solution by utilising a polarographic H2S gas sensor that is isolated from the sample.
This results in a system that operates continuously on many types of water & wastewater stream, with little adjustment required and minimal maintenance.
General issues and standard method:
Sulphides are naturally found in well water, wastewater collection systems (due to anaerobic conditions), mercury removal processes, and in tanning wastes. It often contributes to odor problems in treatment facilities.
Measuring the dissolved sulphide concentrations can be done via selective ion electrodes (SIE) for sensing but they require frequent zero and span adjustments to maintain the measurement accuracy – resulting in increased servicing and costs.
Rather than use the SIE sensor, the ATI dissolved sulphide monitor uses polarographic H2S gas sensor lowering maintenance & costs.
How it works:
A small amount of sample is pumped into the system and mixed with acid. In acidic solution, hydrosulphide and sulphide ions (HS- and S-2 ) are converted to hydrogen sulphide. The mixed sample flows into a special chamber where the hydrogen sulphide is stripped from the sample.
A sensor located in the gas stream measures the released H2S concentration and displays the results in terms of equivalent sulphide ion concentration in mg/l.
Features and Benefits:
- Low maintenance – to prevent fouling of the sensor, only the gas stream containing the stripped H2S reaches the sensor ensuring the system functions regardless of the quality of the sample. The only requirement is that large particulate is strained from the sample. The analytical system will easily pass particulate as large as 100 microns, so only course screening is required.
- Range: 0-2.000 or 0-20.00 PPM
- Accuracy: ± 0.03 PPM
- Repeatability: ± 0.01 PPM
- Linearity: 0.1% of F.S.
- Zero Drift: < 0.01 PPM per month
- Display: 16 character alphanumeric backlit LCD
- Sensor: Membraned H2S Gas Sensor
- Sensor Cable: 25 feet standard, 100 feet maxi-mum
- Response Time: 95% in 3 minutes
- Sample Pump: Internal Tubing Pump, 5 cc./min.
- Acid Pump: Internal Tubing Pump, 0.06 cc/min
Please download the technical documentation for further details.